GitHub Project Page
AdLib file formats reference library entry:
- A: The file format is already (partly) supported by AdPlug.
- D: File format documentation/specification is available.
- E: Editor software is available.
- P: Player software is available.
- M: Test music files are available.
- S: Source code is available.
AdLib MIDIPlay Format
A D PMS
The MDI format was created by Ad Lib, Inc. and is derived from ROL Format
- it have compatible specification for playback. It uses a standard MIDI file
structure (MIDI Type 0) that contains MIDI meta events for setting OPL
instrument settings. It is a way of storing FM/OPL instruments inside a
standard MIDI file, with the file being a standard, fully compatible .mid
file. Players that are not aware of the FM/OPL commands will simply ignore
them and play the file without instruments.
Format documentation is available