GitHub Project Page
AdLib file formats reference library entry:
- A: The file format is already (partly) supported by AdPlug.
- D: File format documentation/specification is available.
- E: Editor software is available.
- P: Player software is available.
- M: Test music files are available.
- S: Source code is available.
HERAD System SDB
Herbulot AdLib (HERAD) System was created by Remi Herbulot,
one of Cryo Interactive Entertainment co-founders and lead programmers.
Stephane Picq, Cryo's first music composer also helped to design HERAD.
Music files in this format usually packed either with
HSQ or SQX compression algorithms and have appropriate extensions.
SDB stands for Sound Blaster. This format is designed to be played on
OPL2-compatible sound chip. HERAD SDB format is used in Dune and KGB games.
HERAD SDB version 2 format is used only in MegaRace game.
The archive contains sound drivers for playback and
both packed and unpacked test music files.
Format documentation is available