GitHub Project Page
AdLib file formats reference library entry:
- A: The file format is already (partly) supported by AdPlug.
- D: File format documentation/specification is available.
- E: Editor software is available.
- P: Player software is available.
- M: Test music files are available.
- S: Source code is available.
AdLib MIDI Format
A D PMS
The AdLib MIDI Format is an Ad Lib music format, based on the standard
MIDI format. It is derived from ROL Format and have compatible specification
for playback. The format has a custom header, but the actual music data
mostly in standard MIDI notation. Despite this, it appears that it was never
intended to be played on a MIDI device, as the patch numbers refer to indices
into a companion OPL instrument bank in AdLib Timbre Bank Format.
In this respect it is similar to the CMF Format, which also stores OPL
music in MIDI notation, but unlike CMF this format keeps the instruments in a
Format documentation is available